Thursday, March 23, 2006

PS3 will be region free...

...I'm sure marketing loves the ill rhyme





PlayStation 3 to ship region free! - Engadget

Yeah yeah more video game stuff and when I'm working too. Shame for my company, great for me as I find out that the Playstation 3 will ship region-free meaning that any game purchased anywhere in the world will work on any system anywhere in the world.

In an age where DRM and licensed coding yadda yadda is the bane of all geek's Sony just made me a happy man.

Now if they can only figure out who's bulding the parts, how much it'll be and when they wanna release it.

Region-free is where it needs to go and like it or not it's where it's going. It's too easy to share anything anymore. You can slap on as much DRM as you want, someone will write a program to get around it.

Sony gets it now. They get how upset a person gets when an amazing game is only released in Japan or in Europe.

Now I can play Brian Lara's Cricket without buying a whole new system and that is good.


No comments: