Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mr. Moore speaks



The Beat has just posted part 1 of an interview that Heidi did with Alan Moore.

MILE HIGH COMICS presents THE BEAT at COMICON.com: A FOR ALAN, Pt. 1: The Alan Moore interview

Everytime I read his interviews or have heard him speak he always amazes me at how literate and direct in focus he is. You'll never be getting any bullshit from alan Moore. unofortunately the interview also confirmed some of my fears about V for Vendetta the film. Alan has famously removed his name from the film because of changes to the story. Basically he said they have made it less a dissection of the two polar extremes of politics "Anarchy and fascism," but have instead made it more of a look into the liberal vs. neo-conservatism fight we have today. which of course makes it more palpable or controversial I guess to audiences today but I think it cheapens the experience. it makes it less timeless and grand. Please read this interview and I'll post the follow up as the beat does. I'm such a whore.

No comments: